மாநகர் போக்குவரத்துக் கழகம் (சென்னை) வரை.,
- தமிழகத்தின் தலைநகரான சென்னை பெருநகர மாநகராட்சி மற்றும் அதன் புறநகர் பகுதிகளில் (திருவள்ளூர், செங்கல்பட்டு, காஞ்சிபுரம் – சென்னை புறநகர்) பல்வேறு வகையான பேருந்து சேவைகளை வழங்கும் அரசு நிறுவனம்.
Metropolitan Transport Corporation Ltd., (formerly known as Pallavan Transport Corporation), was established on 1 January 1972 with a fleet strength of 1,029 buses. The operational jurisdiction is the Chennai Metropolitan area.
The MTC had a scheduled fleet of 3688 buses and total fleet strength of 3968 buses, on a daily basis carries 6.0 million passengers to and from, which is half the population of Chennai.
The Pallavan Transport Corporation Ltd., was split into two and a new Corporation, namely, Dr. Ambedkar Transport Corporation Ltd., and Pallavan Transport Corporation Ltd., started functioning from 19 January 1994.
Pallavan Transport Corporation was renamed as Metropolitan Transport Corporation (Madras Division –l) Limited, Dr. Ambedkar Transport Corporation was renamed as Metropolitan Transport Corporation (Madras Division-II) Ltd., on 1 July 1997.
In order to make the Corporations viable, and for better administrative control, Metropolitan Transport Corporation (Madras Division II) was amalgamated with Metropolitan Transport Corporation (Madras Division I) Ltd on 10 January 2001.
The Metropolitan Transport Corporation has 34 depots, each with an average parking capacity of 200 buses. Depot list were listed below.
- For details like Depots and Body Building Unit please scroll down.
MTC Depot List
To Download Full Depot Pdf
Chennai MTC NEW A/C Bus
- The brand new A/C bus for MTC Coming soon…
- This bus is built on the ASHOK LEYLAND Viking Bs4 10.8M Chassis.
- The body building was done by the GEMINI Coach Builders, Karur.